“Research shows that students, especially boys, benefit when teachers share their race or gender. Yet most teachers are white women.” Claire Cain Miller reports on several studies about the impact of teacher gender and race on student achievement. While training and hiring more diverse teachers takes time, one study showed that “merely informing teachers about their stereotypes closed gaps in grading.” To read the complete article click here.
- Report on Native American children at boarding schools
- The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) 2022 Young Scholars Program: Art, Activism and Advocacy
- New Jersey Says It Studies Charter School Segregation, But Won’t Share The Findings
- Harvard University Releases Report on Its Legacy of Slavery
- Selections to Read, Watch, Listen, and Learn about Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism from February and March, 2022