- This event has passed.
Where Did the Momentum Go?
August 10, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$20.00
How do Debby Irving, Racial Justice Educator and Author, and Cynthia Pesantez, Engagement Coordinator and Capacity Building Coach use speaker events to identify and disrupt patterns of privilege that undermine organizations’ efforts to build inclusive environments. Cynthia and Debby will share their own community coaching practices with participants and invite all to share best practices for:
- building collaboration and community buy-in;
- building self-care and burnout prevention into the event planning process;
- maximizing one-time events either online or in person;
- creating brave spaces where vulnerability and courage flourish together; and
- planning for impact and momentum to reverberate far beyond the event itself.
Ultimately, the goal is to put the planning process under the microscope and break out of the patterns that reproduce whiteness even as we engage in “the work.”