- This event has passed.
EmbraceRace Early Childhood Summit 2022
December 3, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Half-day event focusing on racial learning in early childhood. Speakers will address this year’s theme, Defending and Celebrating Early Racial Learning. This free event will inspire and suggest ways forward for caregivers, parents and educators to advocate for honest teaching and learning about race, racism, and equity in schools, providing ideas and insight into the coalition-building and advocacy strategies needed to counter efforts to shut down these conversations.
Click here to register.
Ahora ofrecemos traducción en vivo y en Español, que estára disponible para todos los que se conecten en Zoom Live. ¡Registrate para participar!
Now offering live translation in Spanish, which is available to all who join the Zoom live.
- Dennis Chin, Vice President, Narratives, Arts and Culture at Race Forward
- Nadia Jaboneta, Program Coordinator and Classroom Teacher at Pacific Primary
- Trisha Moquino, Co-Founder, Keres Children’s Learning Center
- Dr. Nicol Russell, EmbraceRace Color-Brave Community Facilitator and Vice President of Implementation Research at Teaching Strategies, LLC
- Sen. Machaela Cavanaugh, Nebraska State Senator (D-Omaha)
- Sen. Stephanie Chang, Michigan State Senator (D-Detroit)
- Anastasia Ordonez, Public Education Leadership Project Director, Race Forward and former Amherst School Committee chair (MA)