- This event has passed.
Making Good Trouble: Voting Rights
October 20, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$50.00
A program sponsored by The Sankofa Collaborative.
The keynote speaker is Dr. Jonathan Holloway, president of Rutgers University and an eminent historian specializing in post-emancipation United States history with a focus on social and intellectual history. Dr. Holloway is the author of several books, most recently The Cause of Freedom: A Concise History of African Americans, published last year. Panelists include:
- Karen Andrade-Mims – The Father Center of New Jersey
- Ronald Pierce – New Jersey Institute for Social Justice
- Sean Kelley – Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site
- Henal Patel – New Jersey Institute for Social Justice
- Professor Ma’isha Aziz, Esq. – Rutgers University-Camden
- Philip Hensley – League of Women Voters of New Jersey
- Michael Days – Philadelphia Media Network (retired)
- James Gee – Stono Public Affairs
- Linn Washington, Jr. – Temple University
Individual tickets are $50, student tickets are $30. Tickets include breakfast, lunch and a snack, as well as admission to the Grounds For Sculpture exhibit “Roberto Lugo: The Village Potter”
*Grounds For Sculpture is wheelchair accessible.