As part of the Princeton & Slavery Project, Sharon Draper, acclaimed author and educator, visits the library to talk about her historical novel for young adults, “Copper Sun.” The book tells the story of 15-year-old Amari whose happy life in Ghana is destroyed when she is captured and sold into a life of slavery in America. Princeton Public Library, Community Room, Tuesday, October 24, 6:00-8:00 pm.
- Report on Native American children at boarding schools
- The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) 2022 Young Scholars Program: Art, Activism and Advocacy
- New Jersey Says It Studies Charter School Segregation, But Won’t Share The Findings
- Harvard University Releases Report on Its Legacy of Slavery
- Selections to Read, Watch, Listen, and Learn about Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism from February and March, 2022