1a radio program host Joshua Johnson and his guests Hasan Kwame Jeffries, Chair of the Teaching Hard History Advisory Board and associate professor of history at Ohio State University, Adam Sanchez, high school history teacher, editor of “Rethinking Schools” magazine and Zinn Education Project organizer and curriculum writer, and Maureen Costello, Director of Teaching Tolerance, Southern Poverty Law Center, discusses teaching about slavery at various grade levels, why it is difficult, and creative, successful approaches. To listen to the podcast and find reading recommendations, click here.
- Report on Native American children at boarding schools
- The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) 2022 Young Scholars Program: Art, Activism and Advocacy
- New Jersey Says It Studies Charter School Segregation, But Won’t Share The Findings
- Harvard University Releases Report on Its Legacy of Slavery
- Selections to Read, Watch, Listen, and Learn about Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism from February and March, 2022