After scanning the timeline of Black history events that was distributed at meetings of the People’s Organization for Progress in Newark, NJ, and realizing that there were many people and events she did not know, Sandra Hayward determined that she would share this knowledge with children. Her monthly Popcorn Kidz program takes place in the Irvington Public Library provides the children with “knowledge of themselves and their culture.” To read the complete article, click here.
- Report on Native American children at boarding schools
- The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) 2022 Young Scholars Program: Art, Activism and Advocacy
- New Jersey Says It Studies Charter School Segregation, But Won’t Share The Findings
- Harvard University Releases Report on Its Legacy of Slavery
- Selections to Read, Watch, Listen, and Learn about Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism from February and March, 2022