Premiering at the George Street Playhouse (103 College Farm Rd, New Brunswick, NJ) in January is Little Girl Blue: The Nina Simone Musical. Following a critically acclaimed performance in this season’s American Hero, Laiona Michelle returns to the Playhouse to play the legendary jazz singer, songwriter and civil rights activist Nina Simone. This new musical, which runs January 29 through February, 24, 2019, is filled with personal stories and songs performed in Michelle’s exuberant and crowd-pleasing style. Purchase tickets at this link.
- Report on Native American children at boarding schools
- The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) 2022 Young Scholars Program: Art, Activism and Advocacy
- New Jersey Says It Studies Charter School Segregation, But Won’t Share The Findings
- Harvard University Releases Report on Its Legacy of Slavery
- Selections to Read, Watch, Listen, and Learn about Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism from February and March, 2022