Following Sandra Oh’s telling her parents “I love you.” in Korean as she accepted the Golden Globe, Viet Thanh Nguyen addresses parent-child relationships in the Asian American community and the price paid for the lack of representation and the presentation of distorted images of Asians by the media. “We are still the Asian invasion in the eyes of many . . . . we must assert ourselves and speak out against racism when it is directed against us, we must also do so when it benefits us. And we do that by challenging and changing the American story. ” Read Nguyen’s op ed by clicking here.
- Report on Native American children at boarding schools
- The African American Policy Forum (AAPF) 2022 Young Scholars Program: Art, Activism and Advocacy
- New Jersey Says It Studies Charter School Segregation, But Won’t Share The Findings
- Harvard University Releases Report on Its Legacy of Slavery
- Selections to Read, Watch, Listen, and Learn about Race, Racism, and Anti-Racism from February and March, 2022